I have committed myself to trying some new things this year, one of which was starting to do process videos. Well lets just say my first process video will never see the light of day. I have learned something though, make sure its in focus. I have a few more kinks to work out of that whole commitment but eventually I will get it right.
I was having a blah creative day and decided a way to get out of it was to get messy. This always works for me everyone has what works for them but when I get messy I don’t feel as constrained and more often then not I’m able to laugh at myself and enjoy the entire process. I dug in my stash which is something I want to do more of this year and worked with some Prima and some bits from an old Flying Unicorn kit. Unfortunately the owner of Flying Unicorn passed away last month so there will be no more kits from that business. I will be on the hunt for something similar when I want to get messy.
Since my video didn’t work out for me I’m going to share some close ups of this page. I will link some of the products I used below as well. Hopefully in the future I’ll master videos because it is a lot of fun and I won’t feel like I’m talking to myself.
I started with a Prima template and some white gesso. I usually use strong colors when I’m scrapping but I believe this warranted for a more softer look. I did add some shimmerz Inklingz to this layout but id doesn’t photograph all that well. I used wire to make those little blue twirl pieces and metal pieces that I found in my Flying Unicorn stash.
The Shimmerz shoes up a bit better here as well as the ribbon I folded and used underneath the doily. It is something I have had in my stash for well over 10 years and I love the depth it gives to this layout. This was quite quick to come along as soon as I knew what direction I was going and its making me feel much more creative now even if my process video didn’t go as planned.
McGill flower maker (used with the trim)